Going Out of Business Permit

The Going Out of Business Permit is for any business that is holding a going out of business sale.


Before you apply, please have the following items ready:

  • A copy of a cash or surety bond in the amount of $1,000.00
  • A list of the general inventory of goods to be offered for sale
  • A copy of the certificate of occupancy for the location that the sale will be held.

The City of Boise now allows you to apply for your license online. First time users of this system will be required to set up an account.

Once you've logged in, click "Apply > License" in the top menu. Select Going Out of Business Permit from the license menu.


Message Sent Successfully!

Message Failed To Send.

Send a Message to City Clerk

Please fill out the form and a representative from the city will be in touch with you.