The City of Boise now allows you to apply for your commercial vehicle license online. First time users of this system will be required to set up an account.
Before applying, please have the following information available:
- Vehicle Make/Year/Model, VIN and License Plate
- Vehicle Registration
- Vehicle Safety Inspection
- Proof of your General Motor Liability Insurance Policy in the amount of $500,000.00 naming the City of Boise as a "Certificate Holder", issued by an insurance company duly licensed and approved to conduct business in the State of Idaho.
Once you have logged in, click "Apply > License." Then select "Business Vehicle Application."
This license application has specific requirements for a complete application.
- Unique Vehicle Color Scheme approved by the City Clerk's Office. (Must be done prior to application) See below.
- Vehicle registration.
- Certificate of liability insurance for each vehicle ($500,000).
- Be at least 18 years of age and the bona fide owner or lessee of the vehicle.
- Vehicle Taxi Number assignment. (Taxi numbers will not be given out until the application fee is paid).
- Vehicle inspection signed by the City Shop.
- Sealed and Calibrated Taxi Meter and permanently affixed and Operational Hood (Top) light.
This license is good for the vehicle only and all vehicles used by the business have to be licensed separately. All drivers must have a valid city taxicab drivers license.
Taxi Vehicle Inspections
- Inspection Fee: Found in the City Clerk's Fee Schedule (Paid to the City during the first quarter only.)
- Expiration: Quarterly
- Vehicle Registration and valid Ada County Emissions Test.
- Please note: All vehicle inspections must be completed before the expiration of the current Vehicle Inspection license.
- 1st Quarter Inspections are done by pre-arranged appointment only. Call (208) 972-8150 for information.
- These authorized commercial inspection shops will perform vehicle inspections for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters:
- Bruneel Auto Service
- Dale's Sinclair
- Big "O" Tires
- Boise Tire Company
The City of Boise has recently launched a new online licensing system that allows you to apply for your commercial vehicle license online. First time users of this system will be required to set up an account.
Once you've logged in, click "Apply > License" in the top menu. Select Business Vehicle Application from the license menu.