The coronavirus (COVID-19) has had unexpected, major financial implications on communities around the country, including the City of Boise. The federal government is providing funding to help offset financial impacts of the pandemic so that cities can recover and thrive.
A working group was established at the City of Boise to:
- Develop a coordinated strategy around applying for federal and state reimbursement opportunities.
- Ensure a robust monitoring process with heightened auditing and compliance procedures for COVID-19 related funding and expenditures.
Funding opportunities for local governments comes primarily from the following Federal acts:
- Coronavirus Preparedness and Response Supplemental Appropriations Act 2020 (CARES)
- Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriation Act 2020 (CRRSAA)
- American Rescue Plan Act 2021 (ARPA)