The coronavirus (COVID-19) has had unexpected, major financial implications on communities around the country, including the City of Boise. The federal government is providing funding to help offset financial impacts of the pandemic so that cities can recover and thrive.
A working group was established at the City of Boise to:
- Develop a coordinated strategy around applying for federal and state reimbursement opportunities.
- Ensure a robust monitoring process with heightened auditing and compliance procedures for COVID-19 related funding and expenditures.
Most of the funding opportunities for local governments comes from the Coronavirus Preparedness and Response Supplemental Appropriations Act 2020, (CARES).
- The State of Idaho’s total allocation is $1.25 billion
- A portion of the State’s allocation will go to local governments to cover:
- Un-budgeted COVID-19 necessary expenses incurred between March 1, 2020 – December 30, 2020
- Revenue losses are not eligible
- To view how the State of Idaho is allocating funds, visit: www.rebound.idaho.gov