In 2018, the City of Boise adopted ordinances to allow the use of electric mobility devices including E-bikes and E-scooters in city limits. The city currently has three vendors (Lime, Spin and Bird) licensed to operate shared mobility services in Boise.
Latest News: The City of Boise has recently conducted a Request for Proposals (RFP) process to select one company to provide a safe, accessible and comprehensive shared mobility program for Boise. Through this revamped program, the City seeks to achieve the following program goals:
- Provide a safe, attractive and high-quality e-bike and scooter share fleet that can be reliably accessed throughout Boise.
- Implement strategies to provide transportation options, connect people to transit, and meet climate goals.
- Offer transparent and affordable pricing options for community members.
- Reduce conflicts that arise from improperly parked devices.
- Proactively address safety and promote proper user behavior.
The City is working through the contract process and expects to launch the new program in July 2023!
In the meantime please see the information below regarding current e-mobility services in Boise and before you head out on your E-adventure, please be sure to learn the etiquette and rules around using them within city limits.