Boise Fire is pleased to offer a ride-along program for those that are interested in learning more about the services that we provide to our community. If you are interested in accompanying Boise Fire Department personnel on a ride-along, you must:
- Be at least 14 years of age. If you are under the age of 18, a parent/guardian must consent to and sign the Ride-Along Application.
- Download and complete the Ride-Along Application. The application may also be picked up and dropped off at the Fire Administration Office at 333 N Mark Stall Place, Boise. The office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Submit your application by emailing it, along with a copy of your valid ID to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also drop off your completed application at the Fire Administration Office or by mail. Please submit a photocopy of your valid ID with your application. The completed application must be received at least three weeks in advance of the date requested. Upon authorization of your request, you will be contacted to schedule your ride-along. The department will notify you of any disqualification.
Instructions for a ride-along:
- Riders are to wear pants, closed-toe shoes, socks and collared shirts (without logos), excluding shirts of navy color or any type of uniform. Riders may also wear coats or gloves consistent with weather conditions.
- Riders shall maintain appropriate hygiene and shall not use excessively odorous perfumes or colognes.
- Riders are responsible for providing their own meals, drinks, and/or snacks.
- Riders shall not carry any weapons or cameras (excluding cell phones).
- Riders shall abide by all requirements and/or orders communicated.
- The use of tobacco is prohibited.
Once scheduled, if a cancellation is required, please provide 24 hours notice to Boise Fire Administration at email@example.com or at (208) 570-6500. If you have questions regarding the ride-along program, please contact the Boise Fire Administration front desk.