707 Reserve Street, Boise, ID 83712
Phone: (208) 384-4031
TDD/TTY: (800) 377-3529
1892 - A new two-story, two-bay brick firehouse with sleeping quarters and a brass pole is built on Idaho Street between 7th and 8th Street next to the new City Hall. This is the first Central Station and was originally built for the volunteer department.
September 1903 - The new Central Station opens at Idaho Street and 6th Street.
January 1912 - A new motorized Seagraves 65-foot tiller-ladder truck arrives. The 80 horsepower aerial truck was the City's first motorized unit and cost $10,500.00.
1924 - The Central Station firehouse is re-numbered as FireHouse #1.
1941 - Engine 1 and Ladder 1 receive new apparatus. A new American-LaFrance 750 gallons-per-minute pumper and 85-foot Seagraves tiller-ladder truck are purchased.
July 1965 - Due to wear and tear on the bell tower at Central Station, the fire bell is removed and placed in Ann Morrison Park. The fire bell last rang to mark the ending of World War II.
July 1980 - FireHouse #1 is re-located to 707 Reserve Street. The 77-year old fire station located at 6th and Idaho Street is closed. Today, the building holds restaurants and business offices.
1990 - Engine 1 and Ladder 1 receives new apparatus, a Seagraves 1500 gpm pumper and 110-foot LTI Tiller Aerial ladder.
May 2002 - The firehouse celebrates the 100 year anniversary of Engine 1 and Ladder 1 companies.
2003 - Engine 1 and Ladder 1 receive new apparatus, a new pumper and a 105-foot Ladder Tower. The 1990 LTI is put in reserve.
2007 - 105-foot Ladder Tower was relocated to FireHouse #7 and staffed by a Rescue company. The Truck company was relocated to FireHouse #5 to staff a new aerial ladder.
2013 - Interior and landscape renovations were completed.
Today - The station crew consists of three members for each shift. Station #1 is home of the Boise Fire Department's Dive Team, staffs a Brush Rig for grass fires during the summer months and maintains an ATV for mountain trail rescue.
If this is an emergency, please call 911.