212 South 16th Street, Boise, ID 83702
Phone: (208) 384-4035
TDD/TTY: (800) 377-3529
October 1906 - A new firehouse is opened in the Hay Market District at 16th and Front Streets. The firehouse is a one story, one bay, wood structure that houses one two-horse drawn chemical engine and two firefighters.
1912 - A new two story, two bay, brick firehouse is built directly behind the existing firehouse at 212 S. 16th Street and houses a steamer and hose wagon manned by five personnel.
1920 - Boise City #2 Fire Station closes due to budget cuts. Low wages plague the department during the 20's and 30's resulting in numerous firefighters resigning.
February 1, 1951 - Boise City #2 Fire Station in the Hay Market District is re-opened and organized as Firehouse #5. A day room, office, and dorms on the south side of the building were added. This is the third firehouse at this location since 1906 and is still in service today.
1972 - With the arrival of the new 90-foot Aero Chief Aerial platform, Truck #5 is organized.
April 1991 - Truck #5 is re-located to Firehouse #6 and re-designated Truck #6. After 40 years, Firehouse #5 is a single company station.
2006 - Engine #5 is the busiest single company in Boise and one of the busiest in Idaho responding to nearly 2500 alarms annually.
May 19, 2006 - Firehouse 5 celebrated their 100-year anniversary.
2007 - Truck #5 is re-instated at Firehouse #5. A Truck crew is transferred from Firehouse #1 to staff Truck #5. They are equipped with a new 100-foot Crimson aerial ladder purchased through an agreement with Capital City Development Corporation.
If this is an emergency, please call 911.