6933 Franklin Road, Boise, ID 83709
Phone: (208) 384-4036
TDD/TTY: (800) 377-3529
1964 - Firehouse #6 is organized and built at 1620 N. Liberty Street. The one story, two bay, block construction house is home to a pumper and tanker operated by four firefighters. The new American-LaFrance pumper is the first 1000 gallon per minute with a 500 gallon water tank in the history of the department.
March 21, 1991 - Firehouse #6 is relocated to 6933 Franklin Road near the new Boise Towne Square Mall. This becomes the home of an Engine Company and Battalion Chief #2 is relocated here from Firehouse #8. The firehouse is formally dedicated on May 15th.
November 1991 - Ladder #5 is closed and moved to Firehouse #6. Ladder Company 6 is formally established.
1992 - The Mack truck with a Baker Aerialscope ladder receives a Pierce chassis and cab.
February 2011 - Truck #6 is replaced with a new 105-foot Pierce aerial platform ladder. The Baker Aerialscope becomes a reserve truck. The reserve LTI is taken out of service.
If this is an emergency, please call 911.