3575 W. Overland Rd., Boise, ID 83705
Phone: (208) 384-4038
TDD/TTY: (800) 377-3529
January 1956 - Whitney-Franklin Fire District builds a new Firehouse at 4422 Overland Road.
January 1, 1968 - Boise Fire Department obtains the Whitney Rural Fire District house on Overland Road. The two-story, three bay, cinder block house is numbered Firehouse #8.
1970 - The 2nd Battalion is established with Firehouse #8 as Battalion Headquarters. This station also contains the back up Alarm Center.
December 1972 - Firehouse #8 operates with one pumper, one tanker and one Battalion Chief with six personnel.
September 30, 1979 - Due to budget cuts, the tanker driver position is eliminated. Staffing is reduced to three personnel on the pumper.
March 21, 1991 - Battalion Chief #2 is moved to Firehouse #6.
January 23, 2006 - Boise Fire Department begins the operation of Advanced Life Support Engine Companies with staffing Engines 8 and 22 with Firefighter/Paramedics.
2008 - Firehouse #8 receives a complete kitchen remodel after a Christmas 2007 fire destroyed the existing kitchen.
2017 - Firehouse #8 reopens at 3575 W Overland Road.
If this is an emergency, please call 911.