Mayor McLean is accepting applications from candidates interested in being considered for an appointment to fill out the terms of two council vacancies. Candidates with a passion for Boise, a strong record of civic engagement and a willingness to serve are encouraged to apply.
Apply for Consideration
Those interested in being considered for one of the seats must submit the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 p.m. on February 14, 2023:
- Applicant’s legal name
- Physical address and length of residency at that address
- Which seat the candidate wants to be considered for (At-large and/or District 3)
- Letter of interest outlining the perspective the applicant would bring to the council, the reasons for wanting to serve the public, and the impact they hope to make as a Boise city council member
- Current resume outlining both professional and civic experience
- Contact information for three (3) references who are prepared to speak to the candidate’s perspective and/or experience
Application information must be submitted directly by the applicant, preferably in a single PDF document. Interest expressed or information provided outside of this process will not be considered a formal application. Candidate applications are subject to the public records act.
Candidates seeking an appointment to District 3 must be qualified electors in the district; candidates seeking an appointment to the at-large seat must be qualified electors in city limits. Both appointments will fill out the remainder of the terms. All six council seats will be up for election in November.