City of Boise Facilities and Services Updates
We will open city facilities in a staged manner. Stage one will be very limited in scope and addresses:
- Critical public services
- Maintenance of facilities
- Recycling and compost
- Limited golf and whitewater park
Stage 1 - Very Limited Reopening
Maintenance and Restoration
Maintenance and restoration services increase for airport, parks, facilities, public art, open space and golf courses
Inspections and Code Enforcement
Inspections and code enforcement increase (fire code and animal)
Limited Curb It services will resume or reopen, including:
- Glass collection sites
- Household Hazardous Waste mobile collection sites - Learn more
- Compost pick-up sites will open on Friday, May 8 - Learn more
Critical Public Services
Critical public services open in very limited fashion: Office of Police Oversight opens one day per week, limited Fire Suppression training program restart
Warm Springs Golf Course
Warm Springs Golf Course will reopen on Monday, May 4. Tee times at Warm Springs must be booked in advance and are only available over the phone from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please call (208) 343-5661 to book a time and pay for your round with a credit card.
Wave techs will once again place a wave feature at phase 1 for surfers and kayakers. The park is open sunrise to sunset. We are asking users to practice physical distancing when visiting the park/using the wave by keeping at least six feet of distance between themselves and others at all times. Learn more
General City Staffing
City of Boise staff incrementally increases in Department of Finance and Administration, Library, Airport and Parks and Recreation
The Boise Airport remains open for the traveling public. We recommend passengers arrive 90 minutes before departure, and passengers should utilize close-in parking, as the Economy Parking Lot is closed.
Parks and Trails
Boise's parks and trails are open the public. Please remember to practice social distancing. Playgrounds are closed.
Meals on Wheels at Dick Eardley Senior Center
The Dick Eardley Senior Center (690 Robbins Rd.) is closed until further notice but participants can still pick up affordable lunches curbside from Metro Meals on Wheels every day, Monday- Friday, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Please direct questions to (208) 608-7600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Downtown Parking for Takeout Orders
There will be free parking available on every street near a restaurant or bar that will be dedicated for takeout orders. These parking spaces will be easily identified – please look for the sign on each space that is dedicated for this purpose.
The following City of Boise facilities are closed:
- City Hall - Open by appointment for certain services. Please contact the department directly.
- City Hall West
- Boise Public Library facilities, including the Main Library and each branch library
- Fort Boise, including the Dick Eardley Senior Center (Meals on Wheels meals will still be provided through curbside pick-up service)
- School-based Community Centers
- Idaho IceWorld
- Zoo Boise
- Quail Hollow Golf Course
- Boise WaterShed
- James Castle House
- All park restrooms (temporary restrooms will be placed at high-use park locations)
- All trail head restrooms
- All skate parks
- All dog off-leash parks (off-leash areas with off-leash hours unaffected)
- The J.A. and Kathryn Albertson Family Foundation Bike Park
- All park playgrounds
- BMX Jump Park in Willow Lane Athletic Complex/Willow Lane Park
- Tennis courts, pickleball courts, basketball courts and volleyball courts