The Boise Mayor’s Office LGBTQ Liaison will work to identify tasks and projects to effectively support the LGBTQ community in Boise, create new partnerships, increase participation in city government by the LGBTQ community, and to serve as the point of contact between the LGBTQ community and the Mayor’s Office when community issues arise or to receive feedback on issues relevant to this community. The Liaison will also work to advise the Mayor on issues and policies regarding the LGBTQ community.
- Support the growth and development of the city's LGBTQ communities;
- Strengthen partnerships between the community, Mayor's office and LGBTQ serving organizations;
- Participate in speaking engagements, panels, lectures to further the Mayor's Office's mission and reach;
- Assist and advise the Mayor’s Office communications team on the development of content to effectively disseminate information to the community, and respond to inquiries;
- Craft policy with the collaboration LGBTQ community stakeholders;
- Relationship/Coalition building- with stakeholders to identify areas of need in the city's LGBTQ community