Proclamations are signed by the mayor and provided by the City of Boise to Boise residents with the goal of honoring and celebrating events or increasing awareness of issues. These public service documents are strictly honorary and are not legally binding. Proclamation requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
If you, or your organization, are interested in a City of Boise proclamation, please submit the form below. Please allow up to one month (30 business days) for review of your request. Upon review, a City of Boise staff member will get back to you should your request move forward.
- Please provide the required date the proclamation is needed by.
- All proclamations must be submitted at least 30-days before and no more than 60-days before the event to allow for approval and final document production.
- Annual proclamations will not be automatically renewed. Requests must be made on an annual basis.
- Proclamations should reflect inclusiveness and recognize that the strength of our democracy is our diversity. It must not take sides in matters of political, ideological, or religious controversy, or individual convictions.
- Proclamations must have citywide significance.
- Proclamations should support a local group and/or event that is part of a nationally recognized event.
- Proclamations may not support a commercial for profit activity.
- Proclamations may not support an illegal activity.
- This form must be filled out completely or your request will not be processed.