Boise Parks and Recreation’s Summer 2020 camps and classes focus on outdoor adventure and environmental education. Learn to cook at Boise Urban Garden School, take tennis lessons, improve your golf swing, join our hiking club or find another activity to engage in.
Summer 2020 Camps and Classes
Summer 2020 Camps
- Preschool Garden Camp (offered M-F the week of July 27 and August 17 for ages 3.5-5) – Cost is $66 per child.
- Sprouts Garden Camp (half-day camp offered M-F the week of July 13 and July 20 for ages 6-9) –Cost is $66 per child.
- Junior Beekeeping Camp (half-day camp offered M-F the week of August 3 and August 10 for ages 10-14) – Cost is $72 per child.
- Garden Adventure Day Camp (full day camp offered August 24, 25 or 26 for ages 6-12) – Cost is $21 per child for this all-day adventure.
- Plant Based Nutrition and Cooking Series (adults only) BUGS is excited to partner with the University of Idaho Extension to offer a 6-part series on plant-based eating, one of the hottest new food trends. Limited spots available for classes on July 21 and August 18. Cost is $10 per participant.
Youth Tennis Lessons
These courses are coordinated by City of Boise Tennis Academy Coach Duane Stotland. Summer 2020 offerings include:
- High 5’s (6-8yrs)
- Rallies (8-11yrs)
- Hitters (12-15yrs)
- Parent/ Child (6-12yrs)
- Higher level High School (15-18yrs)
All lessons will be held at Ann Morrison Park. For lesson schedules and rates visit our activity registration page.
- Preschool Nature Camps (half-day camps offered M-F for ages 3.5-5 with different themes throughout the summer) – Cost is $66 per child.
- Little Explorers Camp (half-day camps offered M-F the week of July 13, July 27 and August 10 for ages 6-9) – Cost is $66 per child.
- Hiking Club (adults only) – Explore the foothills on a guided 1.5-mile hike. Club hikes offered July 22 and August 12 from 6-7 p.m. starting at the Foothills Learning Center. Registration is required, but the hike is free.
Adult Golf Lessons
Golf lessons will be offered throughout the summer at city municipal golf courses Quail Hollow and Warm Springs for adults ages 18 and over. Lessons are $80 per person. Visit our registration website to browse dates or call the course directly for more information.
- Quail Hollow Golf Course – (208) 344-7807
- Warm Springs Golf Course – (208) 343-5661
- eARThworks Art and Science Camps (half-day camps for ages 7-12 on Tuesday, August 4 and Tuesday, August 11) – Each day has a different theme and is $15 per child.
- WaterShed Studio (adults only) July 24 and August 28 - These classes are taught by a team of experts and local artists who will explore a topic and then lead you in creating a unique art piece inspired by the evening’s topic. Cost is $15 per participant.