We support the Americans with Disabilities Act and inclusion of all people in our programs. If you would like an accommodation, because of a disability, to do a program with Boise Parks and Recreation, please notify us a minimum of two-weeks before the program starts. This time allows us to discover what would be helpful and time to find the staff or equipment needed to set each person up for success! Please note, there are no additional fees required when a person receives an accommodation.
There are several ways to request an accommodation:
- If you are registering in person or over-the-phone, please let the registration staff know that you need an accommodation. They will pass your information on to the correct person.
- If you are registering online, please contact Emily Kovarik at (208) 608-7687 or email.
Please note that all accommodations are individualized (as required by the American with Disabilities Act). Modifications may include:
- Hiring a sign language interpreter for a program or meeting
- Providing additional training for the general recreation staff
- Adaptations to programs
- Providing enhanced staff or a 1:1 staff to accompany a person in a class
We believe that all of our staff members should be able to work with every participant. Because of this, we encourage and train staff in a program or camp to work with all children or adults. If a 1:1 staff is required, it will be provided, but the person who is supporting the participant may switch throughout the day(s).