All recreation facilities temporarily closed; department programming, events, volunteer opportunities also cancelled or postponed
Due to concerns about the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), the City of Boise is closing all public recreation facilities and department offices to the public until further notice. Boise Parks and Recreation is also canceling all department programs, events, classes, camps, activities and volunteer opportunities through May 9. City leaders are coordinating with state, county and local officials to monitor the virus and will continue to evaluate facility and programming decisions as the situation evolves.
Please note: The Dick Eardley Senior Center (690 Robbins Rd.) is closed until further notice but participants can still pick up affordable lunches curbside from Metro Meals on Wheels every day, Monday- Friday, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The following Parks and Recreation facilities are temporarily closed to the public until further notice:
- The Boise Depot (2603 W. Eastover Terrace)*
- Boise Urban Garden School (2995 N. Five Mile Rd.)
- Community Forestry (4969 W Dorman St)
- Fort Boise Community Center and Art Center (700 Robbins Rd.)
- Idaho IceWorld (7072 S Eisenman Rd.)*
- Jim Hall Foothills Learning Center (3188 Sunset Peak Rd.)
- Parks and Recreation Administration Office (1104 Royal Blvd.)
- Quail Hollow (4720 36th St.) and Warm Springs (2495 Warm Springs Ave.) Golf Courses
- Zoo Boise (355 Julia Davis Dr.)*
- All skate parks
- All dog off-leash parks (off-leash areas and park hours unaffected)
- J.A. and Kathryn Albertson Family Foundation Bike Park
- J.A. and Kathryn Albertson Family Foundation Boise Whitewater Park
- BMX Jump Park in Willow Lane Athletic Complex/Willow Lane Park
*Customers with private event reservations, including weddings, will be contacted by our reservations team with further information. If you have an event booked between now and May 9, and would like to discuss your options with our reservations team immediately, please call 208-608-7600 or email.
The following locations remain open:
- All trails in the Ridge to Rivers system, including trail heads (restrooms closed)
- All parks (except Whitewater Park and Bike Park)
- City of Boise managed cemeteries
Users are encouraged to follow direction from public health agencies and elected officials around social distancing.
Cancellations, Credits and Refunds
Credits and refunds for program, league and activity cancellations made by Boise Parks and Recreation between March 17 and May 9 will be issued a pro-rated amount automatically in the coming days. Thank you for your patience as this process is completed.
If you have any questions or customer service needs, please contact us at (208) 608-7600 or email. Staff will be monitoring phone lines and emails during the temporary facilities closure and responding as soon as possible to messages.
Please visit the City of Boise’s website for updates as this situation evolves: cityofboise.org/covid19