Rules and Regulations for Off-Leash Dogs
As a responsible dog owner, it is up to you to follow the City of Boise's rules and regulations. The Boise Police Department, Idaho Humane Society and City of Boise Animal Compliance all have the authority to enforce the rules and regulations established by the city.
According to Boise City Code, dog owners must adhere to the following laws when visiting Boise parks with their dogs:
- Dogs are required to be licensed
- Dogs may not harass humans or other animals
- Dogs must be on a leash unless in an area otherwise indicated
- Owners are required to pick up after their pets
Additionally, there are rules and regulations that all visitors of dog off-leash parks and other areas should be aware of.
- You must wear a visible and current animal license. Not licensed? Your owner can get you one here.
- If you're aggressive, you're not welcome. Period.
- You are legally responsible for your dog's behavior and any injuries or damages he/she causes.
- By entering the dog off-leash area, you do so at your own risk and agree to abide by all park rules.
- Never leave the off-leash area without your dog(s), leave them unattended, or allow them out of sight. Your dog should be under voice control, meaning they are obedient and respond to your commands.
- You are required to carry the equipment necessary to clean up after your dog. Remove and dispose of waste in bins provided.
- Always carry a leash; leash dog(s) when entering/leaving park.