The Boise Depot is a beautiful historic Spanish-style structure operated by the Boise Parks and Recreation Department as a public ceremonial or meeting space and historic site, and is home to the famous Platt Gardens. Designed by New York architects, the building opened in 1925 to elaborate fanfare in the capital city.
2603 W Eastover Terrace, Boise
2603 W Eastover Terrace
Closed all legal holidays.
Depot amenities include The Great Hall, a soaring 77 ft by 46 ft totaling 3,542-square-foot multi-story atrium that once served as the building's waiting room. Ten original benches line the walls of the Great Hall. Maximum Occupancy - 300 standing, 165 seated.
The original 1925 Barkalow Brothers Newsstand is featured on the west wall. The newsstand has been slightly restored but remains in its' original form. This area is great for a buffet or display. The Great Halls' ceiling is lined with Spanish trusses, each imprinted with antique locomotives.