Stinker Stores 1936
Founded by Farris Lind
Serving Idaho since 1936
"Idaho's favorite convenience store"
In 1936, at the young age of 20 years, Farris Lind opened his first gas station in Twin Falls, Id. Founding it on the premise of disrupting the fuel business by underselling the competition, Lind soon became known as "The Stinker," and the gas station assumed a skunk as its logo. Representing the beating up of Big Oil at a time when the industry was taking shape, the skunk wearing red boxing gloves became famous. The concept was a huge success, and Lind opened Stinker locations across the state. To this day, Farris Lind is a legend in Idaho, and the famous skunk, Polecat Pete, is a favorite among kids and people of all ages.
The Lind family sold Stinker Stores to Charley and Nancy Jones and Shawn Davis in 2002. Now wholly owned by the Jones family, Stinker has nearly doubled its footprint since 2002 and employs 650 people across Idaho.
While the company has grown and the industry has changed, the legacy of Farris Lind remains deeply embedded in Idaho culture.
Read more about Stinker Stores.