Licenses and Permits

Construction Use License

What types of activities require a license?

  • Access to adjoining or nearby properties by crossing park property.
  • Stage, grade, or modify, in any manner, park property, for any purpose.

What is the process to apply for a license?

  • Download and complete the application (PDF).
  • Provide ALL requested information.
  • Include a map (hand-drawn is acceptable) that shows the project area, including all trees, structures and other improvements.
  • Describe all work for restoration of park property to its pre-project condition.
  • Include $35.00 fee. Ways to pay:
  1. Call (208) 608-7600 Option 0 to process payment.
  2. Mail to 1104 Royal Blvd, Boise, ID 83706
  3. Hand-deliver to 1104 Royal Blvd, Boise, ID 83706

How does Parks and Recreation review the application?

  • Nine criteria as described in Boise City Code.
  • Final determination within 15 working days.

Why are applications approved or denied and what conditions may be placed on the application?

  • Approvals may include site-specific conditions.
  • Denials may be appealed to the Board of Parks and Recreation Commissioners within 10 working days.
  • Boise Parks and Recreation staff will monitor approved licenses.
  • As described in the license, or, if damage is unanticipated, as directed by Boise Parks and Recreation staff.  All restoration costs shall be incurred by the Applicant.

Vending Application and Information

The City of Boise contracts with multiple vendors throughout the parks system to provide food and beverage concessions to our customers, as well as other services that benefit the community. Contracts are awarded through competitive bid, with available opportunities being announced at the start of each calendar year.

Food and beverage concession opportunities are seasonal and are located in Ann Morrison Park, Julia Davis Park, Esther Simplot Park, Veterans Memorial Park, Kristin Armstrong Municipal Park, Borah Pool, Fairmont Pool, Ivywild Pool, Natatorium Pool and Hydrotube, and the Willow Lane Athletic Complex.

The City of Boise does not permit concessions at soccer, baseball, lacrosse, and football facilities other than the Willow Lane Athletic Complex. Sports organizations and leagues (i.e. soccer, Optimist football, lacrosse, Little League, etc.) are responsible for organizing their own concessions and are allowed to do so via contract with the city or through acquiring a short-term vending license.

2019 Concessions Request for Proposal

Contact us at (208) 608-7600 if you are interested in receiving a copy of the vending policy.

Commercial Use Permits

We also contract with select non-food vendors to provide services to the public that we do not have the capacity to provide ourselves, such as watercraft or other type of lessons on City of Boise managed waterways.

Message Sent Successfully!

Message Failed To Send.

Send a Message to Parks and Rec