Construction Use License

What types of activities require a license?

  • Access to adjoining or nearby properties by crossing park property.
  • Stage, grade, or modify, in any manner, park property, for any purpose.

What is the process to apply for a license?

  • Pay the $36.50 fee by clicking the green button below.
  • Once the construction use license has been purchased, you will receive a receipt and the construction use license application by email. Please fill out the application and include any maps/attachments. The completed application can be emailed.
  • If you have any questions or would like to pay by phone, please call (208) 608-7600 and select option 5.

How does Parks and Recreation review the application?

  • Nine criteria as described in Boise City Code.
  • Final determination within 15 working days.

Why are applications approved or denied and what conditions may be placed on the application?

  • Approvals may include site-specific conditions.
  • Denials may be appealed to the Board of Parks and Recreation Commissioners within 10 working days.
  • Boise Parks and Recreation staff will monitor approved licenses.
  • As described in the license, or, if damage is unanticipated, as directed by Boise Parks and Recreation staff.  All restoration costs shall be incurred by the Applicant.

Purchase Construction Use License Online

Message Sent Successfully!

Message Failed To Send.

Send a Message to Parks and Rec

For other after hours park related emergencies (i.e. irrigation issues, restrooms), please call (208) 489-6640.