Spaulding Ranch was acquired by the City of Boise in 2016 and is the first property of its kind in Boise Parks and Recreation’s inventory.
- Irrigation set up continues at the site. The irrigation mainline is in and the project team is waiting for additional construction to be finished to extend the lines out into the fields. In 2023, Irripods will be added to the current system. This is a cost effective pipeline sprinkler irrigation system that is good for pasture and cover crops that will provide better coverage to keep the site green.
- Cover crop mix is being planted to work on soil health and weed management. Ada County Weed Abatement crews are scheduled to visit twice in 2023 to spray and keep puncture vine at bay.
- The project team is working closely with nearby neighbors throughout the construction process.
- Road construction start TBD (plans are in final approval with the Ada County Highway District and internally, Boise Parks and Recreation is drafting the bid documents to submit soon).
- Planting a pumpkin patch for a fall neighborhood and community activity.
- Goal is to have partners (University of Idaho, Global Gardens and more) working at the site in 2024.