Spaulding Ranch was acquired by the City of Boise in early 2016 and is the first property of its kind in Boise Parks and Recreation’s inventory.
Mid-August 2022 Updates
- Ongoing Weed Control
- Regular herbicide applications to control puncture vine, thistle, bind weed and other problem weeds.
- Periodic Mowing
- Tractor is in the shop for repairs, will resume seasonal mowing/field prep when it is back in working order.
- Irrigation equipment is undergoing repairs and working with interim flood irrigation.
- Orchard maintenance is minimal until more personnel/volunteers become available. Mowing paths (when tractor is available) and weed whacking will commence as soon as we are able.
- Currently scheduling fall discing to level and prep fields for 2023 operations, fall cover crop seeding and fall weed control herbicide applications.
- Boise Parks and Recreation currently has funding for infrastructure related items related to green-up phase work such as parking, sewer and northern vehicular access on the property. In subsequent years, there is budget allocated for further development of the park.