Golda Harris Nature Preserve
The preserve is located north of the East Parkcenter bridge and just south of Warm Springs Avenue. Amenities include natural pathways, seating, interpretive signage and wildlife viewing areas.
Due to the sensitivity of the surrounding plants and wildlife, service animals are always welcome, pets are not allowed in the preserve.
Hours of Operation
Park is open from sunrise to sunset.
Preserve is on Greenbelt and directly across from Arboretum at Barber Station. Access only via bike or on foot.
No parking available.
Smoking and vaping are prohibited in all City of Boise parks, including within 20 feet of the Boise River Greenbelt, except in designated areas within Ann Morrison and Julia Davis Parks and at city-owned golf courses.
Unauthorized vehicles will be towed at owner's risk and expense. You can contact Boise Valley Towing by calling (208) 389-9707.
The Master Plan is a concept drawing illustrating recreation facilities and landscape features planned for a park site. It does not necessarily represent what amenities are currently in a park.
Golda Harris Nature Preserve is one of the riverside parks in the "Ribbon of Jewels" named for prominent local women.
The Harris family donated approximately 3 acres of riverside land to the City of Boise for the Golda Harris Nature Preserve. The nature preserve was deeded to the city in August 2016.
About Golda Harris
Golda traveled to Idaho from Fort Smith, Arkansas in 1934 with her beloved husband, Ivan Harris and two children, Ivan Jr. and Thelma. Together, they forged an active and productive life in the Boise Valley.
Golda was a quiet woman of many talents who had an instinct for making the space around her joyful for all. She was active in her church and community. She cared for and opened her home to many who were less fortunate. Golda worked diligently beside her husband Ivan, as he and his brother Dallas built a thriving lumber company.