3496 N. 39th St., Boise
Owens Park is a 1.05 acre mini park located in the historic Sycamore Neighborhood, a 101-acre area within the greater Collister Neighborhood in northwest Boise. This small park provides a quiet place for neighbors to enjoy, with picnic tables located within the park.
Hours of Operation
Park is open from sunrise to sunset.
3496 N 39th StGet Directions
Smoking and vaping are prohibited in all City of Boise parks, including within 20 feet of the Boise River Greenbelt, except in designated areas within Ann Morrison and Julia Davis Parks and at city-owned golf courses.
Unauthorized vehicles will be towed at owner's risk and expense. You can contact Boise Valley Towing by calling (208) 389-9707.
About Owens Park
It is located on the eastern edge of the Sycamore Agricultural Overlay District, which is designed to protect and encourage continued agricultural uses in this area as the city becomes more urbanized. The property has strong ties to Boise's early history. The Boise City Canal--the same canal that runs under downtown Boise and is memorialized in the public arts sculpture at 9th and Grove Streets--was extended in 1866 to this area below the mouth of Stewart Gulch. The canal runs along the northern boundary of the park, and is still used to irrigate surrounding properties as well as for irrigation in the park. This small parcel was also part of the 80 acres owned by Ebenezeer Pinkham from 1878 until his death in 1897. Ebenezeer Pinkham and his younger brother Joseph, owned and operated the Pinkham Brothers Boise Basin Stage Line which provided daily stage service in the mining areas around Idaho City.
Once known as Walnut Grove Park, Owens Park was donated by Paul and Grace Owens in 1975 to forever be used for park purposes.
Owens Park has a cyber-can. They are one example of the department’s sustainability initiatives. Each can has a 300 gallon liner, because of gravity compaction over time each can will service 600 gallons of trash! Estimated cost savings is $400/year.