Civil War Memorial

A memorial to the men who died in the American Civil War was erected May 30, 1896, by Phil Sheridan Women's Relief Corps.

The obelisk stands in a circle of stones near the flagpole and bears the inscription, "To the Memory of The Unknown Dead, 1861-1865."

The monument, which cost $137, was unveiled on May 9, 1896.

Message Sent Successfully!

Message Failed To Send.

Send a Message to Parks and Rec