Boise’s outdoor spaces create incredible opportunities for photography. Help us protect these important places by respecting the land and the animals that call our parks and open space reserves home. Please practice Leave No Trace principles when visiting a Boise park or trail.
For photographers and videographers, this means:
- Always stay on paved paths and marked trails. Do not trample plants, remove brush or disturb habitat to get the shot.
- If taking photos of families or portraits for others, place your subject/subjects on durable surfaces (dirt, rock, turf) throughout your entire session.
- Leave what you find. Don’t pick flowers or remove plants.
- If you pack it in, pack it out. Never use glitter, confetti, smoke bombs or other potentially hazardous items.
- Be mindful of other visitors.
- Respect the wildlife.
Thank you for respecting Boise’s beautiful parks and open space reserves!