Tree adoptions are temporarily on hold and will resume at the end of August. If you have any questions, please call 208-608-7600 or email email@example.com
Adopt a Tree
An eligible the tree must be established for at least two years and a minimum of 10 inches in diameter.
The diameter of the tree is the measurement of a straight line going from one point on the edge of the tree, through the center, and to another point on the opposite edge of the tree.
A tree adoption includes a black, metallic plaque that is attached to the adopted tree. The plaque includes the inscription and the species of the tree.
Tree adoptions are not available in the following parks:
- C.W. Moore Park
- Charles F. McDevitt Sports Complex
- Hillside Park
- Morris Hill Park
- Optimist Youth Sports Complex
- Rhodes Skate Park
- Simplot Sports Complex
Available trees in premier parks:
- Ann Morrison Park
- Bernardine Quinn Riverside Park
- Esther Simplot Park
- Julia Davis Park
- Molenaar Park
The cost of a 20-year tree adoption varies depending on the diameter of the tree.
Neighborhood Park Trees
- 10 to 20-inch diameter = $550
- Over 20-inch diameter = $1,100
Premier Park Trees
- 10 to 20-inch diameter = $1,100
- Over 20-inch diameter = $2,200
Prices are effective 10/1/2022 through 9/30/2023.
- Payment is required to begin the process.
- Once payment has been received, an adoption form will be provided.
- Once the form has been returned, the plaque will be ordered and installed.
- The process takes approximately 8 weeks from the time payment has been made to the final installation of the plaque or bench.
To begin the process, please call (208) 608-7600 or email us.