The City of Boise is proposing to repeal and replace the following City Code. A stakeholder letter and draft ordinance can be viewed below:
A summary of updates to the draft ordinance includes:
- General clean-up and formatting to ensure consistency with other adopted codes.
- Amendment of administrative provisions such as:
- Application and Scope, Title
- Designation of Code official and Deputies, Liability
- Right of Entry
- Modifications, Alternative Materials, Design and Methods of Construction
- Licensing aligned with State Statute, Property Owner Exemption
- Work Exempt from Permit
- Application for Permit, Construction Documents
- Time Limitation of Application, Approved Construction Documents
- Permit Expiration, Permit Extensions
- Permit Transfer, Fee Refunds
- Inspections and Testing
- Penalties, Stop Work Orders
- Consistency in duties and procedures of the City Electrical Board of Appeals
- Special Code Requirement – Residential garages in new construction of dwellings, dedicated branch circuit that may be used for electric vehicle charging.
The City of Boise Electrical Board of Appeals has reviewed the proposed updated ordinance, recommending approval to City Council.
A copy of the draft ordinance with amendments is included. Members of your organization are encouraged to review and/or comment on the proposed ordinance.
Questions or Comments
Available communication options for any questions or comments include:
- Contact Jason Blais, Building Official, at (208) 608-7097 or through email at email@example.com.
- Written correspondence can also be mailed in addressed to Jason Blais, Building Official, Planning & Development Services, City of Boise, P.O. Box 500, Boise, ID, 83701.