Home Preservation and Improvement
The City of Boise's home improvement loan program helps income-qualified homeowners make necessary repairs to ensure their home is safe, decent, sanitary and energy-efficient.
Loans are available for energy and accessibility improvements, as well as general housing repairs.
Home Improvement Examples
- New HVAC system
- New windows, doors and insulation
- New roof
- Accessibility upgrades
- Get qualified
Check your pre-qualification eligibility | Apply
- Submit completed application
Download Application (PDF) (Other languages available upon request)
- Eligibility Review
Applications are reviewed for program guidelines
- Property interview
Meet with Home Improvement Coordinator to review project needs and estimate budget
- If previous steps are completed and approved, the loan moves forward.
- Project needs are sent to contractors for bidding.
- Home improvement begins.
- Credit score above 620
- Home requires improvements
- Have equity in home
- 80% or less of area median income
- Home is located in Boise City limits
- 3 years' post bankruptcy/ foreclosure/ short sale
- Debt cannot exceed 50% of income
- Estimated Annual Percentage Rate (APR) is 3%.
- Minimum loan amounts are $1,000; maximum loan amounts are $60,000, based on equity in the home.
- Terms are generally one year per $1,000 borrowed. However, the city will work to find terms that may be agreeable to ensure completion of the project without causing financial distress.
City of Boise Loan Payments
Send your payment to:
Housing and Community Development
P.O. Box 500
Boise, ID 83701-0500
Any document on Housing and Community Development's website can be translated into other languages upon request.
Send a Message to Housing and Loans Program
Thank you for your interest in the City of Boise's Housing and Loans program. Please use the form below to contact a member of our team.