Housing Loan Programs
The City of Boise's homeownership loan program offers income-qualified applicants an opportunity to purchase a home within Boise City limits. The city will provide a second loan up to 25% of the purchase price.
- Get preapproved with a primary lender
- Submit completed application
Download Application (PDF) (Other languages available upon request)
- Eligibility Review
Applications are reviewed for program guidelines
- If previous steps are completed and approved, the loan moves forward.
- City works with primary lender to prepare for closing.
- Loan closing.
- Credit score above 620
- Household earns 80% or less of area median income
- Home is located in Boise City limits
- 3 years’ post-bankruptcy/foreclosure/short sale
- Housing debt cannot exceed 35% (Primary Lender and City loans) of gross income
- All debt (housing debt + revolving debt, student loans, installment loans) cannot exceed 42% of gross income
- Estimated Annual Percentage Rate (APR) is 1 point below Idaho Housing and Finance Association’s posted prime rate
- Repayment is amortized over 30 years
City of Boise Loan Payments
Send your payment to:
Housing and Community Development
P.O. Box 500
Boise, ID 83701-0500
Any document on Housing and Community Development's website can be translated into other languages upon request.
Send a Message to Housing and Loans Program
Thank you for your interest in the City of Boise's Housing and Loans program. Please use the form below to contact a member of our team.