Home Preservation and Improvement
The City of Boise's non-owner occupied property preservation loan program helps landlords make necessary repairs to their property to make it safe, decent, sanitary and energy-efficient for income-eligible tenants to live in.
Home Improvement Examples
- New HVAC system
- New windows, doors and insulation
- New roof
- ADA accessibility upgrades
- Get pre-qualified
Check your pre-qualification eligibility | Apply
- Submit completed application
Download Application (PDF) (Other languages available upon request)
- Eligibility Review
Applications are reviewed for program guidelines
- Property interview
Meet with Housing Improvement Coordinator to review project needs and estimate budget
- If previous steps are completed and approved, the loan moves forward.
- Project needs are sent to contractors for bidding.
- Property improvement begins.
- Property cash flows
- Property requires improvements
- Have equity in property
- Tenant(s) earn 80% or less of area median income
- Home is located in Boise City limits
- Estimated Annual Percentage Rate (APR) is 3%
- Limited funds available for non-owner occupied improvements through this program
- Terms are generally one year per $1,000 borrowed. However, the city will work to find terms that may be agreeable to ensure completion of the project without causing financial distress.
City of Boise Loan Payments
Send your payment to:
Housing and Community Development
P.O. Box 500
Boise, ID 83701-0500
Any document on Housing and Community Development's website can be translated into other languages upon request.
Send a Message to Housing and Loans Program
Thank you for your interest in the City of Boise's Housing and Loans program. Please use the form below to contact a member of our team.