Home Preservation and Improvement
Boise's home improvement loan program helps income-qualified homeowners make necessary repairs to bring their home up to code and make it a safe, decent, and sanitary place to live.
Loans are available for energy and accessibility improvements, as well as general housing repairs.
Home Improvement Examples
- New HVAC system
- New windows, doors and insulation
- New roof
- Accessibility upgrades
- Get qualified
Check your pre-qualification criteria | Pre-qualify
- Submit application
English | Spanish (pdf) or Multi-family application (pdf)
- Eligibility Review
Applications are reviewed for program guidelines
- Property interview
Review property for environmental concerns
- Loan approved
After previous steps are completed and approved, the loan moves forward
- Contractor selection
Scope of work is sent to contractors for bidding
- Home improvement begins
Work begins on the property
- Credit score above 620
- Home requires improvements
- Have equity in home
- 80% or less of area median income
- Home is located in Boise City limits
- 3 years post bankruptcy/ foreclosure/ short sale
- Debt cannot exceed 50% of income
- Estimated Annual Percentage Rate (APR) is 3%.
- Minimum loan amounts are $1000; maximum loan amounts are $60,000--based on equity in the home.
- Limited funds available for non-owner occupied improvements through this program.
- Terms are generally one year per $1000 borrowed; however, the city will work to find terms that may be agreeable to ensure completion of the project without causing financial distress.
City of Boise Loan Payments
Send your payment to:
Housing and Community Development
P.O. Box 500
Boise, ID 83701-0500
Any document on Housing and Community Development's website can be translated into other languages upon request.
Send a Message to Housing and Loans Program
Thank you for your interest in the City of Boise's Housing and Loans program. Please use the form below to contact a member of our team.