The East End Historic District is a thirty nine block residential neighborhood of predominantly single family dwellings. With access provided by Jefferson Boulevard and Warm Springs Avenue to the south, the area developed through a series of subdivisions beginning in 1890.
The neighborhood was connected to downtown by Jefferson Boulevard, running east to west, ultimately renamed McKinley. The presidential streets including Franklin run northwest to southeast and the tree streets intersecting northeast and southwest. The most rapid growth in the district occurred in the first ten years of the twentieth century, extending to 1940.
The predominant architectural style in the district is the Craftsman bungalow, represented by 127 homes or 29 percent. There are a mix of other styles present including Queen Anne cottages, American foursquare, and a handful of Mission Revival/Spanish eclectic. There are no large clusters of contributing structures, rather they are scattered throughout the district.