The area known as Old Boise sprang up as a commercial district in the Original Townsite as early as 1864, catering to miners, military men and settlers. Although most of the original buildings were replaced by those we see today between 1890 - 1920, this area still contains the largest concentration of historically and architecturally significant commercial buildings in Boise.
Although the district contains a variety of architectural styles, the fairly uniform size and scale of its buildings provide a cohesive appearance.
- 1978: Listed on the National Register of Historic Places
- 1980: Designated as a local historic district by Boise City