This digital open house is designed to present the proposed Module 1 and 2 framework changes.
What is a Zoning Code?
A city’s zoning code guides the physical design of a city. It is an essential tool to respond to the needs of our community, while preserving what makes Boise special. Specifically, it addresses:
- Where certain buildings, such as residential, office, commercial or industrial uses are allowed to be built
- How a development should look
- The processes and procedures to develop land
Module 1 and 2 Revisions
City of Boise staff was in the community listening during Spring of 2021 for Module 1 and Winter of 2022 for Module 2. We heard clear feedback from our community on things that needed to change to ensure our Zoning Code matched our community. We heard:
- A one-size-fits-all approach to neighborhood change does not fit Boise
- Consider the impacts of growth on existing infrastructure
- Our city needs affordable and sustainable housing now
- How do we manage growth on the edges of the city?
Explore the Revisions
Based on this feedback, the City of Boise has made significant revisions to Module 1 and 2 and we'd like you to learn more about them and provide feedback. Click on one of the revision areas below to learn more. After reviewing that area, you can explore other areas, or provide your feedback directly to the project team. Thank you for your time, and interest in helping us create a city for everyone.