Please note: Due to COVID-19 restrictions as of November 2020, ride along requests are only being accepted for current police officers or individuals participating in our hiring process.
If you are interested in participating in a ride along with the Boise Police Department, please download and complete the form below.
- Incomplete applications will NOT be processed. Please make sure you sign your application. Typed text of the applicant name will NOT be accepted as an official signature.
- It takes at least three weeks to process and complete a background check.
- By signing this form, you are giving the Boise Police Department permission to complete a thorough criminal history check on you prior to the ride-along.
- Completing this form and returning to the Boise Police Department DOES NOT guarantee the applicant a ride along.
- In addition to this form, you may be required to complete additional paperwork at the time of the ride-along.
- Ride-along applicants will be given a safety briefing at the time of the ride-along.
- Ride along applicants must present a government approved and issued identification card at the time of the ride along. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Any questions regarding the ride-along or the application process should be directed to the Boise Police Department Strategic Services Team during regular business hours by emailing BPDSST@cityofboise.org or calling 208-570-6073.
Completed and signed applications may be emailed to BPDSST@cityofboise.org.
Mail applications to:
Boise Police Department
Attn: Strategic Services Team
333 N. Mark Stall Place
Boise, Idaho 83704