Entry Level Recruit
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be at least 21 years of age by the date of hire (20 years of age by the date of the written examination)
Applicants MUST NOT:
- Have used marijuana (legal and illegal) within the past three (3) years,
- Have used other controlled substance use within the past five (5) years,
- Have any felony convictions over the age of 18,
- Have received any DUIs in last two (2) years,
- Have received two (2) DUIs in last five (5) years, or
- Have received more than five (5) traffic violations in last three (3) years
|June 8, 2022||Recruitment/Application Opens|
|August 7, 2022||Recruitment/Application Closes|
Applications submitted after this date will be reviewed for the next academy.
|August 9 - August 15, 2022||Applicant Exam Self Scheduling|
|August 18, 2022 and August 20, 2022||Written Exam|
|August 29 - September 2, 2022||Applicant Oral Board Self Scheduling|
|September 2, 2022||Deadline to Submit Personal History Statement|
|September 8 - September 14, 2022||Oral Boards|
|September 30, 2022||Deadline to Submit Documents for Backgrounds|
|January 16, 2023||Academy Starts|
Wages and Benefits
Send a Message to Police
Thank you for contacting the Boise Police Department. Please fill out the form and someone from the department will be in touch with you.
If this is an emergency, please call 911.