If you have an emergency and need police assistance immediately, please call 911
Report a Crime
Welcome to the Boise Police Department Online Reporting System
Using this system allows you to submit a report immediately. In order to submit online, the following are required:
- It's not an emergency
- The incident occurred within Boise City Limits
- There are NO KNOWN suspects
By choosing to file a report online, I agree that I have read the above information and understand that filing a false police report is a crime.
Select the appropriate crime you wish to report and give as much complete information as possible.
- All reports filed online will be reviewed within a few days. If you need immediate assistance please call dispatch at 208-377-6790.
- If you are reporting a monetary loss of over $10,000, it’s recommended you call police dispatch at 208-377-6790 to file an immediate report.
- Reports that are incomplete or do not meet the criteria listed above may be rejected.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
What Happens After I File a Report?
You will be given a temporary number. If the report is approved based on the above criteria, you will receive a permanent case number. You will be able to print a copy of the report to keep for your records.
How do I report graffiti?
Graffiti reports are handled by dispatch at: (208) 377-6790.
What do I do if the crime happens outside of the City of Boise?
If a crime took place outside Boise city limits, please contact the appropriate police department for the city in which the crime took place.
Can I file a report for insurance purposes?
The Boise Police Department will provide a report number that you will need to give to your insurance agent.
What is a "known suspect?"
A known suspect is a person that you or someone you know knows where to find the person who committed the crime. This also applies to the license plate number of the vehicle the suspects were in at the time of the crime.
Send a Message to Police
Thank you for contacting the Boise Police Department. Please fill out the form and someone from the department will be in touch with you.
If this is an emergency, please call 911.