Please Note: Ride-Along Requests are only being accepted for current police officers or individuals participating in our hiring process.
The ride-along program will resume in the future for the public. Check back to this website for updates.
If you are interested in participating in a ride-along with the Boise Police Department, please complete the Boise Police Ride-Along Application below and read the Waiver. You will sign the waiver at the beginning of your ride-along in the presence of an officer.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Completing this form does not guarantee the applicant a ride-along.
- Ride-along applicants will be given a safety briefing at the time of the ride-along.
- Ride-along applicants must present a government approved and issued identification card at the time of the ride along.
- By submitting the Boise Police ride-along application, you agree and consent to undergo a comprehensive criminal history check for approval prior to the ride-along. It can take up to three weeks to process your request.
- You must be 18 years old or older to participate, however, if you are under 18 years old, please contact the Strategic Services Team regarding the approval documents for minors.
- You must have a clean criminal history, which includes
- No felony convictions, and
- No misdemeanor convictions within the last five years.
Any questions regarding the ride-along or the application process should be directed to the Boise Police Department Strategic Services Team during regular business hours by calling 208-570-6290.