Collection Schedule & Information
Trash is collected every week on your designated trash day. To determine your trash day, visit Republic Service's collection day map.
Trash collection is delayed by one day for the following holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
If the actual holiday falls on a weekend, no changes will occur with the collection schedule.
Residential customers can request larger cart sizes, if needed. Cart sizes are available in 48, 65 and 95 gallons.
- Hours: Set carts out by 7:00 a.m., remove from street within 24 hours.
- Location: Place wheeled cart against the curb or along the alley with the handle pointing towards your residence; do not block the sidewalk with carts.
- Clearance: Keep carts at least three feet away from other carts, mailboxes, fire hydrants, low hanging trees or shrubs, parked cars, or utility poles so trucks can easily access the cart.
- Avoid Heat: Do not place hot ashes into the cart or set cart near sources of heat (furnace, fireplace, grill).
- Motor Oil: Set out up to two 1-gallon translucent containers with a screw-tight lid (e.g. milk jug), labeled “motor oil” per week next to trash cart.
- Needles + Syringes: Needles, sharps, and syringes must be placed inside a hard plastic or metal container for disposal in your trash cart. (See Other Services)
- Hazardous Waste: Do not place hazardous waste in your trash or recycling cart. (See Household Hazardous Waste)
Up to six large items will be collected per customer per year upon customer request, free of charge. Large items must be placed at the curb or in the alley for pick-up. These items include:
- Furniture: couch, chair, dresser, bed frame, mattress/box spring, etc.
- Appliances: refrigerator, freezer, air conditioner, dishwasher, hot water heater, etc. After the items are collected, Freon is safely removed (if present) and appliances are recycled. Appliances must be empty.
- Miscellaneous: toys (bicycle, swing set), carpet/pad, grill, lawnmower, water softener, furnace, swamp cooler, etc.
Call Republic Services at (208) 345-1266 to request a large item pick up.
Five free overflow stickers are provided to each household every year. Use them when you set out extra trash. Overflow stickers never expire, so you can use them year to year.
- Overflow stickers will work on trash cans; bags of trash set out at the curb will not be collected.
- Each sticker allows for a single use and will be removed at the time of pick-up.
- Overflow stickers are not needed during seasonal residential cleanup weeks.
You may order additional sheets of stickers. One sheet of five stickers is $11.47.
Curbside carry-out service requires that trash and recycling carts be visible from the street and clear, safe access be available. For example, you might set your cart out for collection in front of your garage door instead of bringing it to the curb.
Premium carry-out service is available for properties requiring access by private driveways, through gates, or when special collection trucks must be used.
Republic Services staff will retrieve, empty, and return the carts for either regular or premium carry-out service. Carts cannot be inside structures or behind fences. Republic Services will not retrieve carts where animals are present.
Customers requesting this special service must fill out a carry-out agreement. There is an additional charge for carry-out service.
Customers who have qualified temporary or permanent disabilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act may receive free carry-out service.
Collection occurs 24 hours per day Monday through Saturday.
To get more detailed information on changes, follow the link below.
Trash collection is delayed by one day for the following holidays. If the actual holiday falls on a weekend, no changes will occur with the collection schedule.
New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas
© 2022 City of Boise. All rights reserved.
Message Sent Successfully!
Message Failed To Send.
Send a Message to Curb It
Please complete the form below and a member of our Curb It team will follow up with you.
Please note: If you have a question about your bill, please contact Utility Billing Services.