Street Lights

Streetlight Energy Upgrade Project Notice

Beginning this spring, residents will see workers in neighborhoods converting high-pressure sodium (HPS) lightbulbs in residential streetlights to more energy-efficient LED lightbulbs.

The project will continue through the summer. The project will save the city an estimated $60,000 in annual operating costs and move us more quickly toward our 2030 clean electricity goals.

Report Outage

You can report a street light outage using the street light outage map or by calling (208) 608-7150.

Report Online
Installation Permits and Requirements

View street light installation permits and requirements.

View Now
Request New Light

To request a new street light, please call (208) 608-7150.

Downtown street

The City of Boise maintains street lights on public streets maintained by the Ada County Highway District (ACHD). Boise's street lighting system consists of a combination of lights owned by the city and lights owned by Idaho Power. We have approximately 10,000 lights in our public system, with an additional 300 new street lights installed each year. These are installed as a requirement for development, part of a street upgrade, or installed under one of the city's annual capital improvement projects.

Additional Information

For questions relating to local public roads, including streets, sidewalks or traffic signals, please call Ada County Highway District at (208) 387-6100

For all questions relating to interstate systems or roadways, please contact the Idaho Transportation Department at (208) 334-8340

Other Resources

Ada County Highway District (ACHD)

Local public roads, including streets, sidewalks or traffic signals are managed through the Ada County Highway District (ACHD).

Go to ACHD Website
Idaho Transportation Department (Dist. 3).

Interstate system or state roadways are managed by the Idaho Transportation Department (ITD) - District 3.

Visit the ITD Website

Message Sent Successfully!

Message Failed To Send.

Send a Message to Public Works

Thank you for your interest in Public Works. Please fill out the form below and a representative will be in touch with you.