Woman passes away after Boise house fire

April 11, 2020

Last night at 7:25 p.m., Boise Fire crews responded to a fire in the 3000 block of South Kingsland Way. Two people were inside when the fire started and were able to escape. One of the women suffered burns and was transported to a local hospital, she was later transferred to a medical facility in Utah where she passed away. She was 80-years-old. The other woman, who was in her 50’s, suffered smoke inhalation and was not transported to the hospital.

The Boise Burnout Fund is assisting her as the home is a total loss. No firefighters were injured in the fire and it was controlled approximately 20 minutes after the crews arrived.

This fire was caused by smoking while using medical oxygen. Please never smoke and never allow anyone to smoke where medical oxygen is used, this can cause materials to ignite more easily and make fires burn at a faster rate than normal.

Contact: Boise Fire Media Relations

(208) 570-6548 | cjackson@cityofboise.org

Message Sent Successfully!

Message Failed To Send.

Send a Message to Boise Fire Media Relations