MAYOR LAUREN MCLEAN
We must move quickly and decisively in response to the threat posed by COVID-19. That’s why, in the interest of public health, and following the City of Boise’s local disaster emergency, I am issuing a Social Distancing order for Boise. The Social Distancing Order will take effect at 12:00 a.m. March 24, and remains in effect for 30 days.
This order requires that any indoor or outdoor venue, business or event where ten or more people are present must comply with social distancing requirements that include:
- Groups of no more than 10 people
- Each group must be accommodated at least six feet away from each other
- Carry-out, drive-through and delivery services are allowed
- Employees at businesses are encouraged to take measures to maintain a distance of at least six feet
- Follow heightened cleanliness practices by disinfecting all frequently touched surfaces after human contact and all staff must wash their hands frequently in accordance with CDC guidelines
- Commercial and public transportation providers must follow heightened cleanliness practices
Grocery stores, sites providing social services, medical facilities or governmental agencies are exempt from this Order.
The full Order can be viewed online here.
These actions are painful but necessary. I understand this further disrupts our lives and makes our daily schedules difficult. I’m asking the community to come together and make these needed changes in response to this crisis we face.
For questions, or more information on City of Boise services, please visit www.cityofboise.org/covid-19