Suspect: Sauda Cyizanye, 27, Boise
Charges: Injury to Child (F) - 3 counts
On July 10th around 6:30 p.m. Boise Police were called to a report of three children left alone in a vehicle in a parking lot on the 8200 block of W. Fairview. It’s believed the children, ages 11, one, and one-month-old, were in the car for about 20 minutes. The door to the car was unlocked, two windows were partially rolled down and the car was turned off. Officers made contact with the children who were acting normal but sweating. Paramedics arrived on scene to assess their condition and it was advised that the children were doing fine and they were released to the custody of a family member. While police were waiting for paramedics, the children’s mother came out of the store. After an investigation she was arrested on three charges of felony injury to a child.
BPD reminds you to never leave children or pets in a hot car. For more information about the dangers visit https://www.cityofboise.org/departments/police/crime-prevention-and-safety/look-before-you-lock/
- Never leave a child in an unattended car, even with the windows down.
- Check to make sure all children leave the car when you reach your destination.
- Don't overlook sleeping infants.
- Teach children not to play in or around cars.
- Keep car keys out of reach and sight.
- Always lock car doors and trunks, especially when parked in the driveway or near the home.
- Keep rear fold-down seats closed to help prevent kids from getting into the trunk from inside the car.
- Be wary of child-resistant locks. Teach older children how to disable the driver's door locks if they unintentionally become entrapped in a motor vehicle.
- Contact your automobile dealership about getting your vehicle retrofitted with a trunk release mechanism.