We want to talk to you if you are:
- Looking for a fulfilling career in one of the most livable cities in the country,
- Committed to serving and partnering with your community, and
- A creative problem solver with sound judgement and decision-making skills.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be at least 21 years of age by the date of hire. (20 years of age by the date of the written examination.)
- Have completed 60 semester credits from a regionally accredited college
- OR have a combination of prior military service and 30 semester credits,
- OR have an Idaho P.O.S.T. Intermediate Certificate. An out-of-state Intermediate Certificate equivalent may be substituted for the college requirement.
Applicants MUST NOT:
- Have used marijuana (legal and illegal) within the past three (3) years,
- Have used other controlled substances within the past five (5) years,
- Have any felony convictions over the age of 18,
- Have received any DUI's in last two (2) years,
- Have received two (2) DUI’s in last five (5) years, or
- Have received more than 5 traffic violations in last three (3) years.
- Meet the above standards
- Have at least one year of patrol experience off probation
- Be in good standing with current department
Applications will be open in early Fall. If you are interested in applying in the future, please sign up for our email notifications in public safety to be prompted when to apply.
Applicants will complete an online application, which will be reviewed to ensure minimum qualifications and standards* are met.
*Failure to disclose information or providing false information will result in disqualification for employment with the Boise Police Department.