Summertime activities are in full swing in downtown Boise and there are special events happening almost every weekend. To help make sure everyone can enjoy downtown and get around safely and efficiently, the City of Boise prepares detailed traffic plans for special events. This weekend, the Road to X Games is happening in and around Rhodes Skate Park. For information and a schedule of events for the Road to X Games: Park Qualifier go to xgames.cityofboise.org.
Road Closures for the Road to X Games: Park Qualifier
- 15th Street - Closed from W. River Street to W. Grove Street.
- Grand Avenue – Closed and signed at S. 15th Street.
- S. 16th Street and S. American Blvd - Closed between W. Grove Street and W. River Street.
- W. Front Street – Closed from 14th St. to 16th Street.
Friday and Saturday there will also be lane closures/shoulder closures on the I-184 connector inbound and outbound.
Detour routes around closed areas will be signed.
Road to X Games Parking information
Shuttle Pick-up Locations (Friday and Saturday)
- Ann Morrison Park near Americana entrance
- Ann Morrison Park on the west side of the park playground
Parking Available Friday
Additional parking will be available on Friday, June 28 in the parking lot at 688 Americana Boulevard.
Parking Available Saturday
Parking will be available on Saturday, June 29 at the Grove Park Plaza located at 1750 Front Street.
Shuttle Times and information
- Friday, June 28 shuttles will operate from 9:30 a.m. until 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, June 29 shuttles will operate from 9:30 a.m. until 7:00 p.m.
- Shuttles will depart from pick-up locations approximately every 15-20 minutes
- All shuttles will be white with City of Boise logos and identifying placards on passenger side doors
- Shuttles will arrive and pick up near Rhodes Skate Park on the corner of Front Street and 17th
Ride Share and Taxi pick-up and drop-off
There is a designated location on 17th Street near the park which will be signed. Drivers should plan to head north on 17th and pull over to the right curb to let passengers in or out safely.
There will be bike parking between Front and Grove on 16th street, (across from Boise Fire Station 5) on Friday, June 28 and Saturday, June 29. Please note: bikes are not allowed on the shuttles for safety reasons.
Fans arriving at the park on e-scooters should plan to park them near the bike parking area between Front and Grove on 16th Street across from the fire station.
**ADA Accessible parking spaces will be available in the Foerstel lot at 249 S.16th street near Rhodes Skate Park on both Friday and Saturday. City staff and/or event volunteers will be available to help escort people to viewing areas in the park.
Additional parking information can be found here.