Contact: Public Works Media Relations
City of Boise Leaf Collection Sites Are Open
October 16, 2023
Just in time for the fall leaf drop, leaf collection off sites are now open at seven sites in the City of Trees. Boise residents can bring excess leaves in paper leaf bags to the marked dumpsters at these locations:
Boise Leaf Drop Off Sites
- Elm Grove Park, 2200 W. Irene St.
- Cassia Park, 4600 W. Camas St.
- Kristin Armstrong Municipal Park, 500 S. Walnut St.
- Willow Lane Park, 4623 W. Willow Ln.
- Borah Park, 801 S. Aurora Dr.
- Fairmont Park, 7925 W Northview St.
- Joplin Road Compost Pick Up Site, 12142 Joplin Rd.
Only leaves and paper leaf bags go in the bins, which will be in place through December 11. These sites are for residential use only; businesses should take leaves to the Ada County Landfill.
Residents who participate in Boise’s compost program can also place leaves and yard waste in their compost bin and paper leaf bags for weekly curbside pick up all year round. Up to10 leaf paper bags per household will be picked up each week.
An estimated 8,000 tons of leaves and yard waste will be collected in October and November, and each year over one third of Boise’s residential waste goes to the compost program to become free compost for Boise residents. Learn more about fall leaf cleanup at cityofboise.org/compost.