Hosting a Block Party During COVID-19
1. Pick a Location
- If you want to close your street, apply for a Citizen Use Permit from the Ada County Highway District (the application fee is generally waived for neighborhood groups).
- If you want to use a public park, review the General Park Use Policy
2. Let your Neighbors Know
- Make a flyer (or use ours) to let your neighbors know when and where the party will be
- Encourage people to maintain physical distancing guidelines (6 ft between people) by bringing their own food and beverages to the party, along with a lawn chair or picnic blanket to sit on
- Encourage people to wear masks to prevent the spread of Covid-19 and keep others safe
3. Plan a Few Activities
- Lots of aspiring artists? Consider hosting a sidewalk chalk art contest! Bike enthusiasts? How about decorating those bikes and leading a parade around the block?