Boise is characterized by its many strong, healthy neighborhoods that are well defined by their unique geographies, histories, designs, and communities. Boise residents value the safety, quality, and character of where they live, as well as access to parks, schools, open space, and basic services. This is guided by five key principles within the City’s comprehensive plan, Blueprint Boise:
- Ensure neighborhoods are served by a hierarchy of mixed-use activity centers, including schools;
- Protect stable neighborhoods;
- Encourage a variety of housing choices;
- Emphasize the importance of high-quality urban design in the built environment; and
- Protect the City’s historic resources.