Opportunity for Everyone is the City of Boise’s approach to investing in an economy that uplifts everybody in our community with family wage jobs and access to economic opportunities. It’s our commitment to supporting homegrown innovation and efforts to attract employers that reflect Boise’s vision to create a City for Everyone.
Opportunity for Everyone
Local Economic Investments
Create and execute a strong economic strategy that benefits everyone, including our small and homegrown businesses. Cultivate a business environment that focuses on sustainable economic opportunities and resilience for the long-term; one that preserves and enhances our vibrant city.
Partners + Resources
We firmly believe in collaborating with partners across the Treasure Valley to best serve our business community.
- Chamber of Commerce
- Boise Valley Economic Partnership (BVEP)
- Downtown Boise Association
- Capital City Development Corporation (CCDC)
- Small Business Development Center
- Small Business Association Ascent Digital Learning Platform
- Airport Commerce District
- Idaho Tax Reimbursement Incentive
- Utility Partners: Idaho Power, Intermountain Gas, and Suez water
- Education Partners: Boise State University, University of Idaho, College of Western Idaho, Boise School District, West Ada School District
- Urban Renewal Districts
The city of Boise works closely with the redevelopment agency, Capital City Development Corporation (CCDC), which catalyzes investment in the city through its own projects and public/private partnerships.
- Tax Reimbursement
A performance-based incentive, which features a tax credit of up to 30% for up to 15 years on new state tax revenues generated by companies seeking to expand in or relocate to the state of Idaho by adding new, qualifying jobs.
- Idaho Business Advantage
If your business invests at least $500,000 in new facilities and creates at least 10 new jobs averaging $40,000 a year with benefits, you may qualify for a wide package of incentives, including tax credits, sales tax rebates, and property tax exemptions.
- Property Tax Exemption
If your business invests $3 million in new manufacturing facilities, you may qualify for a full or partial property tax exemption for up to five years.
- Workforce Development Training Fund
Businesses can receive up to $3,000 in cash reimbursements for the training of full-time, new employees or for helping retain employees facing permanent layoff.
- Project Management Program
The City of Boise Planning and Development Services Department offers limited project management services for a variety of business projects. Those who participate in the program will be assigned a multi-disciplinary team, have early assistance meetings and work with a dedicated project manager.
- Boise Airport serves more than 4 million people a year and is less than five miles from downtown.
- A recent EMSI study ranked Boise the 7th best metro for college graduate retention. Over 58 percent of graduates stay here to begin their careers.
- Median age: 36 years old
Arts & Culture
- Over 200 public events annually, including Treefort Music Festival, the Twilight Criterium and Idaho Shakespeare Festival
- The Department of Arts & History serves an advisory role to a $50 million local arts and history industry that employs 1,600 Boise residents full time.
- The Department of Arts & History curates and maintains an art collection valued at $6.5 million and growing.
- Home to the second largest Basque population in North America
- Currently home to more than 13,000 refugees from 53 countries
- Over 90 languages spoken
- The Boise Metro is home to one of the oldest synagogues in the western United States
- Over 200 miles of foothill trails within minutes of Boise, offering nationally acclaimed hiking and mountain biking trails
- Bogus Basin Mountain Resort is just 16 miles north of the Boise and offers almost every winter activity imaginable – along with summer adrenaline adventures and some of the most breathtaking views of the valley.
Movement for Everyone
Make it easier to bus, bike and walk, because our residents must be able to connect to opportunities when and where they exist.
A Home for Everyone
Keep our neighborhoods people-scaled and people-friendly, knowing that strong neighborhoods need housing at every price point.
A Healthy City for Everyone
A safe and healthy city ensures our policies and practices provide equitable treatment for all people, communities and neighborhoods.
Send a Message to City of Boise
Please fill out the form and a representative from the City of Boise will be in touch with you.